This is an Introductory-level Course within Nonprofit University's
In spite of complex economic conditions, corporate and foundation relations programs must continue to forge ahead and evolve to meet the needs of a growing organization. Development professionals are challenged like never before to creatively engage and support existing philanthropic relationships as well as expand corporate and foundation partnerships to advance their institutional missions.
What You'll Learn
After this course, you'll be able to:
- Describe general principals of corporate fundraising, the primary mechanisms of corporate support and best practices for managing corporate fundraising mechanisms.
- Identify strategies to research corporate giving and sponsorships and identify the basic legal and tax issues relevant to corporate fundraising.
- Differentiate between family funds and family foundations, community foundations, corporate foundations and understand the role of each in the national and state foundation landscape.
- Explain a corporate social responsibility strategy (CSR).
- Delineate the typical foundations operating model (grant cycles, budget allocations, board approvals) and the most critical research and targeting techniques.
Bundle and Save!
Prepare for growth in your development role by investing in all six introductory courses in our Certificate of Fundraising—Introduction to Fundraising and save up to $300!
- February 20, 2019
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
GCN Member: $150
February 20, 2019
To learn more about Nonprofit University’s Development Institute contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.