Governance and engagement strategy
Getting the board engaged in governance and fundraising, and participating fully, can be a challenge – one that takes time, strong recruitment and onboarding, and clear expectations. Our experts have helped hundreds of organizations improve governance by starting with issue number one: engaging the board to fulfill its governance responsibilities.
Our team covers the full range of governance areas and engagement strategies, with offerings and trainings that include:
- Board assessments and transformation strategy
- Comprehensive board development plans covering growth, skill-building, and recruitment
- Board retreat design and facilitation for organizational planning, board structuring, effective committee work, and governance process design
- Executive succession and transition plans to prepare boards and executives for planned and unplanned departures
- Custom training in all dimensions of governance, including roles and responsibilities, fundraising skills, management collaboration, investment oversight, risk management, nonprofit accountability, and financial acumen