First: Consider registering for an upcoming How to Start a Nonprofit workshop!
Next, sign up for GCN communications to receive helpful information and insights about the sector. Complete the newsletter subscription form and be sure to select “Starting a Nonprofit” under “My Topics of Interest.”
Explore the following resource round-up, which can help you get answers to frequently asked questions, evaluate readiness, and develop a plan to move forward:
- Start by reviewing Candid’s “How do I start a nonprofit?” knowledge base, which provides a helpful checklist and FAQ.
- Review this checklist for incorporating a nonprofit in Georgia, and take Candid’s Nonprofit Startup Assessment (registration required) to help you assess your readiness to start a nonprofit, and direct you to resources to build your skills and knowledge as a founder.
- Watch this video guide to filling out the Form 1023 tax-exempt application.
- Check with Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta for free webcasts and articles on a variety of topics pertaining to starting a nonprofit, including
- Carefully review the IRS filing application, so you are aware of all the legal implications of operating a nonprofit.
- Learn about the 1023-EX form for small nonprofits, defined as having under $50,000 in revenues for the next three years.
Of course, GCN’s Nonprofit University is available year-round, with an extensive curriculum of certificates and classes to meet nonprofit professional training needs on all levels. Explore our course catalog and event schedule for upcoming opportunities.
And when you’ve set up your nonprofit, we invite you to consider the many benefits of GCN Nonprofit Membership. We’re excited to be your partner in impact!Further questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.