- Budgets 101
- Grantor expectations and aligning differences
- Building mutually supportive relationships with your finance team
- Translate the resources required for program impact into budget categories, amounts, and timing.
- Explain direct and indirect costs, including realities around overhead.
- Leverage your program budget for grant applications and other funding requests.
- Use your program budget as a tool to monitor program stewardship and efficiency and collaborate effectively with your finance and development teams.
Primarily intended for program coordinators and managers with less than five years of experience in program management, and oversight of one program with one or two funding sources and a small team (typically fewer than five staff and volunteers).
Jim Neal joined Friends of Refugees as Director of Operations in 2016 after a twenty-five career in management consulting serving corporate, government, and nonprofit clients. His responsibilities include oversight of program execution and delivery of program results, as well as leadership of finance, human resources, and administrative functions. Jim holds an MBA from the University of Virginia – Darden Graduate School of Business Administration and a BS in Finance from the University of Tennessee.
- October 21, 2020
You will receive log-in information after registering for the course.
GCN Member: $75
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.
October 21, 2020