Writing strong result measures that track and communicate performance is a necessity for nonprofit organizations of every size and type. One of the biggest complaints we often hear is that nonprofit organizations are not moving the needle – not impacting the problems or achieving results for the investment of funding. This session focuses on writing strong result measures. It is hands on, practical and includes actual exercises to write and improve outcome measures.
- Learn how to write targets, indicators and proxy measures that measure impact, program results and convey your story.
- Understand the science and the art to a good measure.
- Distinguish between outcomes and outputs so you can convey impact and not just, what you do.
- Learn how to use proxy measures for tough to measure programs – measuring what can influence rather than control.
- Understand the difference between results based outcomes and intermediate outcomes.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their existing measures to class to see if we can improve or expand through peer sharing and discussion.
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.
Thanks to the generous support of The Wells Fargo Foundation, GCN offers a limited number of partial scholarships for staff and board members of eligible organizations to attend Nonprofit University. Learn more