The crucial first step in event planning: Choosing the type of event you want to hold. The questions to consider are many:
- What are your goals and objectives?
- What types of events could your organization hold, given your current capacity? What additional resources might be available to support other types?
- Who are your audiences, and what would get them to support your event?
- What kinds of events are other organizations of similar size, mission, or geographic reach holding – and how does that affect your planning?
Event planner and consultant Peggy Gillen, who has worked with nonprofits throughout the pandemic, will walk you through the full event planning process in this timely course. Whether you are still working through considerations of going virtual, hybrid, outdoors, or indoors – or you have your format and are ready to work through everything else – you’ll learn how to nail down the critical details that will make (or break) your next event.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Design a comprehensive process for determining your event's goals and objectives.
- Define the audience for your event.
- Conduct an environmental scan to understand your market and the competition.
- Executive directors
- On-staff event planners
- Fundraising/development staff involved in events
- Board members who plan or support events
- Volunteers who plan events.
Peggy D. Gillen is a graduate of the University of Florida with a degree in Marketing and Economics. Shortly after entering the professional working world, she discovered that her passion was nonprofit work. Since then, she has spent decades planning events for nonprofit organizations, working on-staff as director of events and programs, as a nonprofit consultant, and as an independent event planner working primarily with nonprofit clients. Currently, Peggy’s focus is on event planning, event strategy, and helping nonprofits best fit events into the overall fundraising plan. She is also an associate for event and meeting venue sourcing firm HelmsBriscoe, giving her access to ideal venues for any event.
Learn more at peggygillenevents.com.
- August 26, 2021
You will receive log-in information after registering for the course.
August 26, 2021