Research has shown the majority of donors don’t give again after their initial donation. In any business, retaining one person is more cost-effective than recruiting someone new, and many nonprofits are able to attract donors but have difficulty keeping them. Stewardship is an opportunity to foster and strengthen relationships with your donors and keep them giving year after year.
Learn from GCN experts how to operationalize successful stewardship, especially your major donors. You will review templates and tools and discuss best practices in setting up your systems for staying on top of donor engagement. This will include maximizing volunteers, staff, and board in stewardship activities.
Bring your current stewardship plans, whether standalone documents or components of a greater development plan, for in-class activities.
- Developing a stewardship plan.
- Identifying and assigning roles and responsibilities for staff, board, and volunteers in the donor stewardship process.
- Creating targeted stewardship activities for donor segments.
- Integrating social media with stewardship activities.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate your current stewardship plan for completeness and feasibility.
- Develop a stewardship plan for successful ongoing donor engagement.
- Give examples of common challenges that hinder success of stewardship plans.
- Team members who engage with fundraising, especially from individuals:
- Fundraising and development staff
- Marketing/communications staff
- Senior leadership
- Board members, especially serving on fundraising committees
Christal Cherry is a nationally recognized fundraiser who has spent 17 years working with nonprofits and higher education institutions. With passion and a wide breadth of experience, Christal works with clients to create and implement fundraising strategies that secure the resources needed for meaningful impact, organizational growth, and a thriving operation. Learn more
- April 25, 2019
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Questions? Contact the Nonprofit University team at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.
"The structure and engagement of the class was extremely beneficial for the veteran, first year fundraiser, and anyone in between. Kathy Keeley’s wealth of knowledge and experience brought to the session a sense of historical best practices while reframing some of those practices with up-to-date perspectives. It was timely, relevant and personally helpful. This is the kind of class that has an impact on the nonprofit sector by directly impacting the organizations represented in the room."
- Ken Dowdy, Director of Development, Georgia AGAPE
Thanks to the generous support of The Wells Fargo Foundation, GCN offers a limited number of partial scholarships for staff and board members of eligible organizations to attend Nonprofit University. Learn more