In this workshop-style session, learners will identify the high-priority volunteer needs of their organization, create an appropriate screening process for volunteers, discuss types of recruitment, and build a recruitment plan.
- Identifying high priority needs and filling out a Volunteer Needs Assessment
- Building a screening process
- Recruitment best practices
- Identify and track high priority volunteer needs within an organization.
- Write effective volunteer position descriptions.
- Create an efficient screening process for incoming volunteers.
- Develop an organizational volunteer-recruitment plan.
- Volunteer coordinators/managers
- Program staff members who supervise/manage volunteers
Amanda Bisgaard is the Family Literacy Program Manager at Hands On Atlanta where she focuses on building capacity of parents in early language and literacy acquisition. Amanda comes to Hands On Atlanta from the American Red Cross of TN where she led volunteer recruitment and engagement efforts for local and national disaster relief. Prior to the Red Cross, Amanda completed an AmeriCorps service term with National Civilian Community Corps, supporting disaster preparedness and response. Amanda serves as the board chair of the Young Nonprofit Professional Network of Atlanta, and volunteers in the infant room at Our House. In her free time Amanda enjoys paddle boarding, reading, and traveling.