GA Gives Help Desk | Setting Up Personal Fundraisers
Gwinnett United in Drug Education (GUIDE) raised more than $10,000 on Georgia Gives Day 2012 and followed that success with more than $4,000 more after the fact, thanks to activating 16 volunteers to fundraise on their behalf. (Read more in our article.)
Below, we've provided a few easy steps for you to ensure your profile is set up for personal fundraisers, and then steps for how your own volunteers, donors, and champions can set up their own fundraising goals to share with their social networks.
STEP-BY-STEP FOR NONPROFITS
1) Log-in to your nonprofit's GA Gives Day profile.
2) Once logged in, click the "Setting" button (pictured below.)
3) Click the "Fundraiser Setting" tab (pictured below.)
4) Ensure both boxes are checked to accept fundraisers and to automatically approve. (If you wish to review each fundraiser before their page goes live, you may leave the bottom box unchecked, but remember to check it often!)
STEP-BY-STEP FOR YOUR SUPPORTERS
When you are ready for your supporters to become personal fundraisers, have them follow these steps.
1) Click the "Become a Fundraiser" button on the right side of your profile page (seen below.)
2) Sign-up either by entering your name and email address or linking the account with your Facebook account. (If you use your name and email, you'll need to check your email for and enter a verification code before creating your page. Facebook will link up automatically.)
3) Click setting and follow the prompts to set up your goals, summary, enter pictures, and link to your social networks.
So, there you have it! Now is the time to activate your supporters, donors, board members and volunteers and have them challenge their own social networks to help them raise money for your organization!
If you have questions about setting this up or leveraging it to the max, ask them in any of our upcoming Georgia Gives Day webinars!
Tom Zimmerman is Communications Manager at the Georgia Center for Nonprofits.