In the unlikely event of an issue with GAgives.org, here’s the plan.
We’ve done extensive testing of the GAgives.org website and do not foresee any technical issues arising, but just in case, here’s what you need to know in the unlikely event of a major site slowdown or crash.
- We will send an email to GAgives.org site users alerting you to the problem and providing instructions for what to do next. Make sure to monitor this inbox throughout the day.
- We will post an immediate notice to the community on the GAgives Facebook page and Twitter.
- We will post status reports on our GAgives private Facebook Group.
- Be prepared by readying email and social messaging for your supporters. We have provided sample scripts below. Do not send crisis messaging unless we have verified that there is an issue.
- We will continue to send and post updates on the site status, until the problem is resolved.
In the event of a website issue, we will calculate prizes as follows:
Power Hours – We will extend the affected Power Hour by one full hour, and count all donors who gave from the beginning of the interrupted hour to the end of the additional full hour.
Golden Tickets – We will extend the affected Golden Ticket period by one full hour, and include in our drawing all donors who gave from the beginning of the interrupted hour to the end of the additional full hour.
Leaderboards – We will extend the eligible donation period to reasonably compensate for the amount of time that the site was experiencing problems.
Sample crisis communication language:
For Facebook or email:
Stand by with your donation for GAgives on #GivingTuesday!
We are overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from our donors! Unfortunately, so is GAgives.org – because so many Georgians have been giving today, the website is moving a bit slower than usual. The GAgives team is on the case, and the site should be back up to speed soon.
Please come back to GAgives.org a little later, and everything should be running smoothly again. Thank you for your patience and generosity!
The #GAgives site is moving slowly trying to keep up with your overwhelming support this #GivingTuesday. Our team is working to fix it. Stay tuned for updates!
Again, we don’t anticipate a problem, but we all need a communication plan in the event of a glitch – do spend a few minutes thinking about how you might reach your audiences should something go awry with any of your GAgives on #GivingTuesday plans